Sunday, October 27, 2013

Quick Update!

Today I made a bit of a start uploading some of the various data to the website. It is going to be a slow process, and is very likely to take me to the end of the year to complete the task.

Currently the website is divided into the following structure
  • Data sets
  • Country
  • Place
Material is currently be uploaded into a Google Spreadsheet. I do actually use Excel, but if I convert to Google Docs then the size is not included in my Google Drive allocation.

As I load to Google Drive and then create the web page I am also building the online Master Index.

Today I have managed to load varying data sets for the following locations
  • Petralias Sottana Sicily - Births & Misc
  • San Caltano Sicily - Marriages & Deaths
  • Montreal Quebec - Burials
  • Scotland Burial - just the one!
  • GRO references for England & Wales 1837 - 1966 (still some to be added), BMDs
  • USA - Naturalisation Records - 2 different locations
The data is being loaded in a structured random way so that I can ensure if there are any issues I can deal with them early on.

Today is the first day in quite a long while that I have done any work on my own ONS and felt as though I have achieved something. Long may that continue.

If you do have a look at the website, please give me some feedback. The structure is pretty well set, but there is likely to be a few tweaks, especially around the US records.

No comments:

Post a Comment